I don’t know anything about windows or doors. What are the options?
These days there are more options than ever when it comes to replacing your old windows and doors. Just because one type of window or door currently exists in your home, does not mean that you cannot change it to something you find more aesthetically pleasing. Below are the most common options available. Keep in mind, there are also several different glass, frame, color and efficiency choices as well.
Looking to add drama and curb appeal to your home? A new front entry door is just the solution. From classic wood grain doors to ornate wrought iron glass doors and everything in between – Window Connection has you covered. The possibilities are endless. Just tell us what you invision and we will find that perfect entry door to match your home and your personal style
Impact or Non-Impact? What is the difference?
Impact rated windows and doors and the most popular option for a remodel. They offer unparalleled protection from hurricanes. This means you no longer have to worry about the hassle of boarding up your home or closing up shutters in the event of a storm.
Non-impact windows are less expensive but there are restrictions on when they can be used. Due to building code requirements in most areas, the removal of a non-impact unit requires replacement with an impact unit. However, if you have pre-existing shutters which have passed inspection, non-impact units may be used in lieu of the most costly impact option. Not to worry – our experienced sales team will always present to you all possible options so you can make an informed and confident decision.
Besides improving the looks of my home, what are the benefits of new windows and doors?
There are many different benefits that new windows and doors can provide. Below are just a few:
- Protection – Impact-rated windows and doors offer the highest level of protection from the elements including hurricanes, high winds and rain. In fact, most are designed to withstand a Category 5 hurricane and winds in excess of 200
- Less hassle – The last thing you want to worry about when a storm is headed your way is boarding up your house or finding the parts and pieces that go with your shutters. Not to mention the hassle and hard work involved with putting them up and then taking them down. Impact windows mean you will have more time for all the other aspects of storm preparation. Less hassle = less stress.
- Improved Energy Efficiency – Living in Florida, the high cost of energy bills is always a concern. New windows with energy efficient glass and tint can substantially cut down on these costs. Not to mention their ability to retain heat in the cooler months as well.
- Protection – Not only will new windows protect you from a storm, they can also keep you safe from intruders. Window construction has come a long way. Today, windows are constructed of several layers of glass which prevent shattering and breaking making it difficult for an intruder to penetrate your home. Doors can be installed with multi-point locks and thru-bolt options; giving you the sense of security your current doors may be
- Insurance Savings – Many insurance companies offer discounted homeowner policy premiums when old windows and doors are replaced with impact rated options. This can lead to significant savings of up to 45% in some areas. In addition, you will no longer have to worry about the expensive cost of repairing storm damaged windows or paying high
- Noise Reduction – There is nothing worse than having outside noise disrupting a nice, quiet evening at home. New windows and doors can substantially cut down on disruptive neighborhood noise. If you live on a busy street or intersection, impact windows can decrease the noise pollution entering your